International SEO Executive
Student.com is the world’s leading marketplace for international student housing, helping students find their perfect home abroad. With over 1,000,000 beds in more than 400 cities and in close proximity to 1,000 universities, we offer the best choice of quality housing options. To date, we’ve helped tens of thousands of students from more than 130 different countries.
Founded in 2011, we simplify the student housing booking process through a free global marketplace that puts security and ease-of-use first. For students, that means having an easy-to-use, secure platform for booking accommodation – and total peace of mind. For landlords, that means having a new digital and global infrastructure which provides access to millions of students. Currently, our website lists more than one million beds in more than 400 cities worldwide. We employ over 160 full time employees, representing 20 nationalities across seven offices worldwide.
As our International SEO Executive, you will be working across all elements of SEO from keyword research and technical audits to competitor analysis. You will own Search Engine Optimisation and deliver the SEO strategy, ensuring an effective return on investment and the continued maturity of the channel.
Reporting into the Head of Digital Marketing, you will help create and implement the SEO strategy, making sure we are visible on relevant terms, identifying problems and opportunities, and proactively making suggestions and recommendations to maximize current and future opportunities
- Perform SEO focussed analysis around industry, competitors and search trends to influence strategy development.
- Take ownership of recommendations, communicating these effectively internally and monitoring implementation and impact.
- Be prepared to teach other team members across offices of best practice SEO activities and actively share knowledge.
- Get leadership buy-in for SEO projects.
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimisation.
- Identify need of additional page and/or content creation and creation of new pages.
- Keeping informed of latest search engine policies and algorithm updates.
- Link analysis and development to include overall internal link structure.
- Conduct full technical site audits and discuss recommendations with in-house developers.
- Provide solutions to complex on-site technical errors such as – Server Errors, 404 Status code errors, Redirect and Canonical errors, Robots file commands.
- Have good knowledge of HTML and technical related tasks – using systems like Screaming Frog or Deep Crawl to assess problems on site and resolve them.
- Work with the Head of Digital Marketing to develop tactics targeted towards improving KPI performance.
- Reporting against agreed KPI’s on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Work closely with the other Marketing Team members to meet our goals.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in an SEO role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and the ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Strong knowledge of the best practice technical approach to SEO and experience of delivering technical change with in-house developers.
- Strong understanding of targeting based SEO (Site structure, on-page optimisation, keyword focussed copy).
- Strong knowledge of onsite elements (Canonical Tags, Structured Data, Robots.txt, hreflang etc.).
- Good grip of the power of online PR and social media in aiding SEO.
- Experience managing or working with a Content Management System (CMS).
- Experienced with Google Analytics, SEMRush, MOZ, Majestic SEO, ahrefs, Webmaster tools.
- Experience in international SEO is a plus.
- Passionate and driven individual, who can demonstrate their enthusiasm for digital marketing and is keen to learn.
- Someone who will get their roll their sleeves up and get things done.