Head of Supply, EMEA
Student.com is the world’s leading marketplace for international student housing, helping students find their perfect home abroad. With over 1,000,000 beds in more than 400 cities and in close proximity to 1,000 universities, we offer the best choice of quality housing options. To date, we’ve helped tens of thousands of students from more than 130 different countries.
Founded in 2011, we simplify the student housing booking process through a free global marketplace that puts security and ease-of-use first. For students, that means having an easy-to-use, secure platform for booking accommodation – and total peace of mind. For landlords, that means having a new digital and global infrastructure which provides access to millions of students. Currently, our website lists more than one million beds in more than 400 cities worldwide. We employ over 160 full time employees, representing 20 nationalities across seven offices worldwide.
The Sales and Business Development team (“Supply Team”) is growing and we are looking for more talented people who are passionate about helping students find suitable accommodation abroad.
We are seeking a Head of Supply for EMEA to help increase student engagement and maximizing optimal choice of accommodation offerings throughout the student journey. This position will be based in our London office.
The Head of Supply EMEA is responsible for planning and executing Student.com strategies from distribution channel, content and user perspectives.
To ensure success, this role requires an individual with a strong background in ecommerce, accommodation marketplace. Travel industry knowledge is an advantage, and successful senior level business skills and demonstrated success with large scale distribution partnerships are essential. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and engaged team builder with the ability to influence teams and functions at the highest levels.
Manages the research, identification and securing of new landlord supply across the EMEA for all Student Housing Accommodation types
Provides an internal point of communication for all landlord dialogue
- Works with the legal team to ensure 100% delivery of signed contracts prior to the commencement of the booking season
- Works with the finance team to ensure all commissions are received within agreed payment terms
- Works with the tech team to develop and sell a booking system that can be licensed to the UK/Europe sector and interfaces with landlord systems
- Provide inspiring leadership to account managers, coordinators
Supports landlord dialogue for internal stakeholders
- Support the ongoing capture of website content for new and existing properties including customer reviews, floorplans, rich and dynamic content and the most up-to-date pricing and availability schemes• Consistently negotiate MFN in terms of access, rates, early booking discounts and special promotions• Manages the weekly capture of landlord and property data points (rooms blocked, discounts, sales performance etc) to communicate internally
- Oversees the weekly property listing hierarchy review
- Oversees the weekly performance against booking targets to landlords
Manage, develop and grow a team
- Manage a team of Account Managers and coordinators
- Provide constant feedback and support to your team members
- Develop your team on performance through regular appraisal reviews on the job feedback