Account Manager (ASIAPAC)
Student.com is the world’s leading marketplace for international student housing, helping students find their perfect home abroad. With over 1,000,000 beds in more than 400 cities and in close proximity to 1,000 universities, we offer the best choice of quality housing options. To date, we’ve helped tens of thousands of students from more than 130 different countries.
Founded in 2011, we simplify the student housing booking process through a free global marketplace that puts security and ease-of-use first. For students, that means having an easy-to-use, secure platform for booking accommodation – and total peace of mind. For landlords, that means having a new digital and global infrastructure which provides access to millions of students. Currently, our website lists more than one million beds in more than 400 cities worldwide. We employ over 160 full time employees, representing 20 nationalities across seven offices worldwide.
The Sales and Business Development team (“Supply Team”) is growing and we are looking for more talented people who are passionate about helping students find suitable accommodation abroad. Perhaps you have been in a similar situation, love travel and will be able to provide exceptional customer service and support to our Landlord partners across APAC and our colleagues across the globe. This is a growing team that can offer an excellent and accelerated career path for customer-focused, driven and ambitious individuals. In addition, we offer excellent benefits including full training and development.
We are looking for an Account Manager to play a critical role in building and maintaining relationships with significant clients. Our ideal candidate will foster a healthy and mutually beneficial relationship.
Ultimately, the position will be responsible for ensuring healthy growth in Student bookings and supply of beds, advance key strategic company initiatives and provide vital insight into product development strategies to facilitate the transition from offline manual processes into end to end booking automation. In addition to external client relationships, the candidate must be adept at building strong inter-company relationships across all lines of business in a global environment.
- 2 years of experience in a relevant account management function and/or solid sales and account management experience in B2B environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an aptitude for building strong relationships both internally among key stakeholders and externally with clients and the industry as a whole
- Strong negotiation skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Organizational and planning skills
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- University background Preferred or relevant work experience
- Fluent English both speaker and writer
- Affinity or experience within e-commerce environment and/or travel industry
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility and can work independently
- Accurate, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Team player, self-motivated, flexible and open to change
- Positive attitude
- Ability to travel
- You already live in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane and do not require employment work pass sponsorship to work in Australia
- Enthusiastic about providing best possible customer service for clients