Why Work at Student.com?
Student.com is the world's largest marketplace for student housing. We simplify booking accommodation for students through a free-to-use global marketplace that puts security and ease-of-use first. Currently, our website lists more than 800,000 beds in more than 400 cities worldwide. To date, the company has raised $70 million from investors including VY Capital, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Expa, Spotify founders Daniel Ek and Martin Lorentzon, Hugo Barra (Facebook VR) and Jim Breyer of Breyer Capital.
We are an exciting, fast growing tech company focused on the student market and based in the City of London. We have teams in London, Austin, Shanghai and Dubai, all working to deliver our brand promise to give students and their families total peace of mind throughout their journey.
This is an exciting opportunity for any recent graduate with some prior marketing knowledge or experience who is now looking to take a marketing job with genuine responsibility and make a positive impact on the lives of thousands of students. The focus is acquisition of new students and driving events for current students as well as working and building relationships with UK Universities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic customer-focused marketer, to work on our student events and university partnerships in order to generate new business leads for our sales team. One area of focus will be driving leads from offline marketing events, you will be given a lot of autonomy and responsibility to deliver strong demand generation strategies. The other area of focus will be partnership development, management and administration within the universities and education environment.
- Overseeing the planning, delivery and success of the events programme.
- Fully owning and defining lead acquisition strategies for your events.
- Responsibility for event budget, booking staff, venues, guests, as required.
- Leading on sales & marketing integration for your events, working closely with the sales managers and our landlords.
- Feeding the ready-to-book leads to the sales teams, helping the sales teams to prioritise leads and continuing to nurture not-ready leads through the booking journey.
- Manage existing and new university partnerships in the UK.
- Developing great relationships with universities and education partners.
- Working with student and education organisations, seeking out networking opportunities and identifying opportunities to partner with other student organisations.
- Planning the events calendar, researching and connecting with new colleges/partners.
- Seek to continually improve events and partnership programmes to deliver maximum ROI.
- Reporting against agreed marketing KPIs including leads, bookings and conversion rates on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Working alongside the Online Marketing Team to ensure that events are promoted online and communicated in an effective and timely manner to achieve maximum impact and reach.
Skills & Experience
- Great communicator with excellent people skills;
- Someone who will get their hands dirty and get things done.
- Highly organised, flexible and agile;
- Desirable - 1-2 years’ experience in a marketing role;
- Desirable - knowledge of the UK higher education sector;
- Passionate and driven individual, who can demonstrate their enthusiasm for helping students & is keen to learn;
- Open to domestic and international travel.